FAQs About Calaveras County Vacation Rentals


FAQs About Calaveras County Vacation Rentals


1. When can I make a reservation? Reservations are accepted 12 months in advance.

2. How old do I have to be to rent a cabin?  You must be 25 or older to book any rental cabin. A valid copy of your driver's license is required to be on file with your signed rental agreement upon booking.

3. What does "pet-friendly" mean?  The owners of "pet-friendly" cabins do allow adult dogs ( sorry, no puppies under one year and no cats), with owner approval. There is a limit of 2 dogs per visit, and a charge of $25.00 per dog per stay may apply.  Please see our pet-friendly cabins.  Dogs are never allowed on furniture and are not to be left alone in a home at any time. 

4. Will I have cell phone service there?  Cell phone reception is spotty at best in the mountains. AT&T generally does not work between Murphys and Bear Valley. You may get some reception in areas of Dorrington and Arnold with Verizon, but do not expect to have access to your cell phone service while in the area. AT&T and Verizon do work at the ski resort in Bear Valley. 

5. Do all cabins have internet and cable?  No. Amenities vary from property to property and are listed in the individual cabin descriptions as well as the amenities list. If it is not directly stated that a cabin has internet or cable service in the property description, those amenities are not available on that property. 

6. What do I have to bring? Generally, you will bring sheets, towels, all personal toiletries. It will be stated in each cabin listing whether bed linens/bath towels are or are not provided by the owner.  All beds have pillows, mattress pads, blankets and covers provided.  We provide a starter pack of paper towels, toilet paper, and dish soap, kitchen towels. Extra paper products are the guests' responsibility. Our rentals are fully furnished. However, if you need any specialty pot, pan, etc., we advise you to bring it. Under specific arrangements, sheets and towels may be provided for an additional charge.

7. Why are the winter rates higher?  Winter heating costs for propane and electricity are taken into account.

8. How far is Bear Valley Ski Resort?  28 miles on Highway 4 from Arnold. 

9. Is there a Supermarket nearby? Yes, Big Trees Market is located in the Meadow Mont Shopping Center on Highway 4 in Arnold. It is a large and well-stocked store.

10. Is Firewood Provided in the Winter? Yes, however, it is a good idea to bring those “Duraflame Firestarters” to make it easier to start a fire in case the wood gets wet or the kindling wood supply gets low.

11. How can I use the Blue Lake Springs Recreation Facilities?  You have to be staying in a cabin located in the Blue Lake Springs Subdivision. Then you are classified as a guest and may use the facilities of the Recreation Center which is called Snowflake Lodge. There are Guest Fees for this privilege. Click here for the latest Guest Fees, amenities and pictures.  Blue Lake Springs - Snow Flake Lodge

12. How can I use the Sequoia Woods Golf Course? Sequoia Woods Golf and Country Club is a private club separate from Blue Lake Springs Subdivision. You have to be staying in a cabin in which the owners are members of the Country Club to use the facilities. You will also be required to pay the appropriate Guest Fees. 

13. How can I use the recreation center facilities in Big Trees Village?: Rec center privileges is an option for Big Trees Village homeowners. Some choose to pay for guest use, and some do not.  Unlike the Snowflake Lodge in Blue Lake Springs, not all Big Trees Village properties have access to the rec center. It will be noted in each cabin's description if there are guest recreation privileges or not. Additional guest fees apply for both rec centers.